PDRC was established in 1992, by Judge Bill Knebes
The vision for the PDRC is to be the recognized center of expertise on the Peninsula for collaborative peaceful agreements.
The mission of the PDRC is to promote and provide for the peaceful resolution of conflict through modeling, facilitating, and teaching mediation in Jefferson and Clallam County.
The PDRC is committed to the following values in all our affairs
- Excellence in Service — We are responsive to our community, inspiring confidence through our high quality services, professionalism, knowledge, and dedication to on-going training, follow-up, and outcome measurement.
- Integrity — We are dependable, true to our values and the principles of collaborative negotiation.
- Appreciation of the Volunteer Commitment — Ours is a grass-roots organization that is immersed in the community and we nurture and honor our volunteers, without whom we could not exist.
- Respect — We value all people’s cultures, beliefs and abilities and their unique contributions to our organization and our community.
- Open, Honest Communication — We value and practice listening, attending, openness and honesty in all our communications.
- Collaboration — We recognize that the whole is greater than its parts, and we value the synergy that is created when groups work together toward common goals. As such, we are committed to networking in our community and pooling resources whenever possible.
The Peninsula Dispute Resolution Center (PDRC) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization offering conflict resolution services to residents of Clallam and Jefferson Counties in Washington since 1992. Governed by a Board of Directors made up of community members, and supported by the United Way. Volunteer mediators provide most of our direct services.
PDRC is a partner with Resolution Washington which is a network of 21 nonprofit Dispute Resolution Centers (DRC’s) across the state of Washington which provide cost-effective conflict resolution services and expertise.
Founders (Bill and Carol Knebes)
To request additional information, to volunteer your time or to make a contribution, please contact us at:
Mailing address: PO Box 1034, Port Angeles, WA 98362
Site address: 319 S Peabody St., Port Angeles, WA 98362
Fax: (360) 452-0458
Monday – Thursday: From 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Mediations by Appointment
Renee C. Riopelle, MDR, Executive Director
Barbara Wilson, Mediation Coordinator
PDRC Board of Directors
Dr. Joe Floyd, President
Mary Irwin, Secretary
Melissa L. Sisson, Treasurer
PDRC board meets the 3rd Wednesday of the month at 12:00pm (noon) at the PDRC office.